skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Serious Thoughts
Over the last several months, the people here in Ochelata have been praying for James and Kylie Scotts little baby, Manning. He is about 13 months old and has spent well over 1/2 his little life in the hospital. He was born with a major heart defect. For the past 5 months he has been in the St. Louis hospital on the heart transplant list. Last night our church people were together for a fun gathering, when someone received a phone call. It was announced that little Manning was on his way into surgery to receive a new heart!! We stopped what we were doing and went to prayer for his family and for him. When I got home I went to the computer and looked at his mother's web site. She posted updates on Manning every couple of hours. I cannot believe how strong she sounded..... I know that she has to be both mentally and phyically drained. But even though she was concerned for her child, who was in an eight hour surgery, she asked that we remember the family of the donor child, who was just 2 years old. Sometimes we may question, why God? Why does this nice young Christian family have to go through this? Why did another child have to die in order to maybe save Manning? We don't know the answer to these questions, but God has a plan!!!!!!! I know that when my daughter was little she had a few health issues, and it was hard not to question? Why are we going through this.?........ well now almost 20 years later I look back and I see that God had a Plan!! That build the character and personality of my daughter.......I can not count how many times I have testified to people about her healing!!!! Sometimes to people I did not know very well. So I know that you may not know the Scott family, but will you help us pray for them?...... they still have such a long road ahead of them.... The next few days may be the hardest.... there is a chance of rejection, they have to try to wean him off of the breathing machine and pain medication, there is a chance of a pacemaker. So many things ahead!! Plus financially... they have maxed out their million dollar health insurance. Well thanks to you who have been listening (reading) my ramblings. If you have a healthy child.... give God an extra "thank you" and give your child an extra hug today.
3 comments:
I try not to ever take my health for granted. I will say a prayer for this family. What a load.
"I have been and will continue to pray for this baby and all involved parties."We just came back from spending two days with Glenda and Clyde.I only know in all these painful situations that it takes God's renewed mercies each morning to get through them."Love ya loads,Margaret
Hi Aunt Pam! I am so glad I found you. I hope you are doing well. I am blessed. I hope to get to see you over the Holiday's. Thank you for being there always!! I will definitely be praying for Channing and the donor family.
Much Love,
Reese
Post a Comment